Types of Information We Collect
- The information you provide directly to us
You may provide your Personal Information in a variety of situations, including when you sign up for a HCK account, contact us, sign up to receive communications from us, purchase a product or services, submit your product registration, submit a customer service request, enter a sweepstakes or contest, provide us feedback or survey responses, or otherwise use any of the Services. Personal information you provide may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, social media information, phone number, etc.
- Billing and payment information, such as your credit card number and billing address
- HCK account information, including your user name, account number, and password
- Product and ownership information and purchase history
- Preferences, such as product wish lists, order history, and marketing preferences
- Feedback about our products and services
- Other information that you choose to share with us
We also may give you the option of submitting Personal Information, such as email address, of other individuals so we can send them invitations to use the Services (for example, to let them connect your Smart Appliance).
Our Services may collect images, video, audio, or other content. For example, a Smart Appliance might capture images of your product, you might submit photos of suspected product issues so that we can help you resolve them. We might also collect information from you to help us improve our products and services.
- Usage Information
In addition to personal information that we may receive from you, Stio may collect other information from users using the following technologies:
- Cookies. "Cookies" are small bits of information that the Site places on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the Site to make your visits to the Site more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit the Site. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of the Site may be lost. Certain Services provided by Stio, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
- Flash cookies(also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that you select, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web Server Logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you to a webpage. The web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
- Social Networking Sites. If you log into your Account through sign-in services (e.g., Facebook Connect), you provide Stio with permission to access certain information about you from that social networking site, such as your Facebook user ID, user profile, friends list, and profile picture.
- Combining Information
Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you, provide online advertising based on your interests, and to develop rich online content and services across the HCK Services. Your specific consent will be obtained where it is required by law.
How We Use Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Identify you and to assist you in your use of our products, services and websites services;
- Provide the services and information relating to HCK and its products that you required;
- Administer and manage the services we provide;
- Gain a better understanding of your requirements in order for us to provide you with better and more personalized information suited to your needs, including sending you personalized messages about special offers and invitations from HCK and its partners;
- Process any job application submitted by you;
- Research and develop our services;
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure including testing and upgrading of these systems;
If you opt in to receiving direct marketing communications, from time to time, HCK may use your personal information to promote other services and products to you which we consider may be of interest to you. You may also receive marketing communications from third parties such as our contractors, agents, partners and suppliers. You may be contacted by telephone, email, SMS, mail, social media and other digital channels if you have provided us with those details and opted in to receiving direct marketing communications. You may notify us at any time that you no longer wish to receive any of these marketing communications and opt out of receiving the particular communication by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, by using the contact us page to enter this request in the "Comments" section provided, or by contacting us at the address given below.
We are committed to maintaining the security of the data you provide to us. We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information that we store. We also seek to use third-party service providers capable of protecting the information they maintain or process for us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any security concerns (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on a Westinghouse Service. Where that information relates to a Westinghouse registration, you may do this by editing it in your account information. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
Services from Other Parties
Our Services may contain links to websites owned by other companies. Because HCK has no control over the privacy practices or content of these linked sites, we recommend that you carefully review the privacy notice of each website you visit. This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy or other practices of any other parties.
Please direct any questions or comments about the site, these terms, or any products you purchased through the site to : firstname.lastname@example.org